- We, Ivy Academy Proprietary Limited, a company incorporated in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa, with registration number 2005/000905/07, and registered with address Ground Floor, Autoparks House, 13 Cross Road, Glenhazel, Johannesburg (“Ivy Academy, ”Ivy”, ”we”, ”us”) respect and recognise the importance of protecting the privacy of all persons whose Personal Information (as defined in paragraph 2 below) comes into our possession, and we will take all reasonable measures to protect it.
- Ivy Academy is a private education institution established in accordance with the Private Schools Act 104 of 1986. We offer various education schooling programmes and courses including High School, clubs and short learning programmes (“Educational Services”). We are an accredited Cambridge Associate, that deliver Cambridge Pathway to individual schools to learners. The Cambridge curriculum is accepted worldwide.
- For purposes of the applicable data protection legislation in the Republic of South Africa, we are the “responsible party” in respect of the Personal Information submitted to us by you and/or that may be collected by us through our Website, any correspondence and/or communication with you. However, there may be certain instances where we process Personal Information on behalf of a third party, in these instances we are an “operator” in respect of the Personal Information submitted to and/or collected by us for this purpose. Please note paragraph 4 below as it deals with Personal Information disclosed to third parties.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
- When you visit the Website, we may collect certain information that is not Personal Information such as your Internet Protocol (“IP“) address, operating system, browser type and internet service provider. This type of information does not identify you personally.
- The supply of all Personal Information by you is voluntary; however, you acknowledge that we cannot make the Education Services available to you if you do not wish to supply such Personal Information.
- Where you provide us with Personal Information relating to a third party data subject (for example, details of a child who is a minor), you warrant that you have obtained all necessary consents from such third party and/or their guardian(s) or parent(s) to the extent required by law, for you to share such Personal Information with us to process on your behalf. Where you are a child who is a minor, you warrant that you have obtained the consent of your parent/guardian to the fullest extent required by law, to permit us to process your Personal Information.
HOW YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION IS USED
- If you wish to use our Website and/or make use of the Education Services, we will need to collect basic information about you, including your Personal Information.
- We use the Personal Information we collect about you for a number of purposes, namely –
- to include within our marketing communications or any marketing campaign which we may run (this includes any comments made by you or photos provided by you).
- We will not use Personal Information for any purpose (other than those stated in paragraph 3 above) without your express consent. We will not use or disclose any Personal Information to third parties without your consent, unless the use or disclosure is –
- We work closely with trusted partners with whom we need to share Personal Information to help us provide you with the Education Services. A list of our partners may be provided upon written request.
- We may share your Personal Information with –
- We may also provide information to third party service providers who process information on our behalf to help run some of our internal business operations including email distribution, IT services and customer services.
- You understand that we may disclose or share Personal Information with third parties as outlined above in order for us to be able to provide you the Education Services. If you are concerned about these arrangements, please do not continue to make use of the Education Services.
- We will be entitled to disclose your Personal Information to those of our affiliates, agents, advisors, employees and/or third-party service providers and suppliers who assist us to interact with you via mobile communications and/or email, and thus need to know your Personal Information in order to assist us to communicate with you properly and efficiently. We will ensure that all such employees and/or third-party service providers having access to your Personal Information are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality and non-use obligations in relation to your Personal Information.
- On occasions, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information due to legal or regulatory requirements. In such instances, we reserve the right to disclose this Personal Information as required in order to comply with our legal obligations, including but not limited to complying with court orders, warrants, subpoenas, service of process requirements or discovery requests. This includes, but is not limited to, any legal or regulatory requirements or processes imposed by the Department of Basic Education, South African Comprehensive Assessment Institute, the South African Qualifications Authority; any Services Sector Education and Training Authority, the National Credit Regulator and/or our overseas accreditation bodies.
COMMUNICATION FROM US
- Where you have indicated that you would like to receive direct marketing communications from us and provided your consent thereto, we may send email or mobile communications to you concerning our Education Services or such other products as may be provided by us from time to time and to which you have consented to receiving.
- You can also unsubscribe from receiving electronic direct marketing messages by following the “unsubscribe” instructions included in our communication (and you may change your preferences and cease receiving direct marketing from us through your account settings). We will not change your preferences without your consent.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You are our valued customers, and we recognise that protecting your privacy is important to you and to us. For this reason, we are committed to protecting the Personal Information that you provide in a variety of ways.
- We will –
- Due to the nature of the Personal Information within our possession or under our control, there may be instances where your Personal Information is retained indefinitely by us. Any Personal Information which is not kept indefinitely by us, will not retain for longer than –
- If you register an account with us, please do keep your details up to date and notify us of any changes to your Personal Information. You can do this by contacting us using the details set out in paragraph 13.3 below.
STORAGE AND SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We will take appropriate, reasonable technical and organisations measures to protect your Personal Information, and we will use technology that will help us to do this, however, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to us. Any transmission of your information is entirely at your own risk. Once your information is received by us, we or the applicable third party service providers shall use strict procedures and security features to try and prevent unauthorised access.
- You hereby consent to the transfer, storage or hosting of your Personal Information on servers within and outside of South Africa. We will at all times ensure that appropriate security safeguards are in place to secure and protect such Personal Information.
COOKIES AND IP ADDRESSES
- We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system and browser type or for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- Cookies enable us to –
- In some jurisdictions you may have the right to request copies of your Personal Information which is within our custody and control together with details about how we use that information. If you think any of the Personal Information, we hold about you is inaccurate, you may also request us to correct it. You may also have a right, in certain circumstances, to require us to stop processing your Personal Information.
- In relation to all of these rights, you should please email or write to us at the address set out in paragraph 15 below. Please note that we may, where permitted under applicable law, charge a small administrative fee and/or request proof of identity. We will respond to requests within all applicable timeframes.
- In certain circumstances (for example where required or permitted by law) we might not be able to provide you with access to some of your Personal Information, but where appropriate we will notify you of the reasons for this.
- You may request access to your Personal Information by sending an email to us at PoPI@ivyacademy.co.za.
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator if you think that we are in breach of any applicable data protection legislation. The office of the Information Regulator’s details are as follows:
- Website: http://justice.gov.za/inforeg/
- Tel: 012 406 4818
- Fax: 086 500 3351
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
- If we undergo a change of ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may cede, delegate, transfer and/or assign our rights and obligations to your Personal Information we have in our possession to the successor, purchaser or separate entity.
- We will disclose the cession, delegation, transfer and/or assignment on our Website.
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- You agree to provide accurate, truthful and current information, and not to impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything. Failure to adhere to this requirement will entitle Ivy Academy, among other things, permit us to refuse to provide you with the Education Services.
- You may access, remove, review, and/or make changes to Personal Information which you have provided to us. We may also send you any legally required notifications and certain notifications, including but not limited to, service-related notices or notices regarding a change to any of our policies. For example, we may send you a notice regarding server problems or scheduled maintenance of our Website. You can opt out of receiving these notifications or any other email communications from us by emailing us at PoPI@ivyacademy.co.za.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Suite 287, Private Bag X5